Dr. Andrew Huo
MBChB, MS, FRACS
Bariatric, Metabolic and General Surgeon
Dr. Andrew Huo is a fully qualified specialist in General, Metabolic and Obesity Surgery with extensive training in these areas.
He grew up in the UK and graduated from the University of Birmingham where he was awarded his medical degree. After completing his internship at Queen Elizabeth and Selly Oak Hospitals in Birmingham, he moved to Australia where he worked in regional hospitals and major tertiary centres in Queensland and NSW. This allowed him to gain the breadth of experience in multiple surgical specialties before deciding to participate in specialist training with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in the discipline of General Surgery in Perth.
After being awarded his fellowship, Dr. Huo underwent further subspecialty training in Minimally-Invasive Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery in NSW and Victoria. During his training in Sydney, he was also an honorary researcher at the Garvan Institute of Medical Research where his work was credited for the Master of Surgery degree he was awarded at the University of Sydney. In keeping with his scientific and research pursuits, he has multiple publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
In addition, Dr. Huo was also a Conjoint Associate Lecturer at the University of NSW and he has since continued his ongoing commitments to the training of junior doctors and medical students at the Northern Health where he is currently working as a consultant surgeon.
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- Master of Surgery (MS)
- Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
Areas of Interest
- Obesity Surgery
- Metabolic Surgery
- Hiatus hernia/Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Minimally-Invasive General Surgery
Previous Academic appointments/Voluntary positions
- Conjoint Associate Lecturer- University of NSW
- Honorary Researcher- Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- General Surgeons Australia
- Australia and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society
- International Federation of Surgery for Obesity
- John Lowenthal Society